- 1 lb Sliced Capicola Roast
- 1 small can of Chipotle Peppers
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 inches ginger
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 4 Juice of Limes
- Chicken Stock
- 24 small soft shell tortillas
When purchasing your Capicola Roast, get it sliced approximately 3mm thick. Its fully developed flavor will add depth to the pulled meat salsa that you would not achieve with a raw product.
1. Chop the onion, ginger and garlic into small cubes.
2. Chop the chipotle peppers into a chunky puree.
3. Slice the pork neck into strips.
4. In a medium pot, sauté the onions, garlic and ginger, then add the canned tomatoes, coriander and chipotle peppers. Cook for 1 hour. If the mixture is too thick, thin it out with chicken stock. Once it’s cooked, add the juice of 4 limes and remove from heat.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat the tortillas for 30 seconds. Keep them covered with a towel to prevent them from drying out.
6. Assemble tacos with the ingredients you have prepared, and garnish with chopped onion, cilantro and lime wedges.